Alisa Zaika began her piano and composition studies at the age of nine at Kyiv Secondary Special Music School after M. Lysenko under the instruction of Iryna Barinova in piano and Alla Zagaykevych in composition.
From 2014 till 2016 Alisa studied piano at Amadeus International School Vienna(Vienna) with Prof. Paul Gulda and Prof. Stanislaw Tichonow and composition with Urszula Shaffar.
Alisa had her debut performance at the first year of study at the National Philharmonic of Ukraine and since then she has also appeared in gala concerts at the National Radio & TV Center, National Music Academy of Ukraineafter P. Tchaykovsky, Musikverein in Vienna playing solo, in chamber and piano ensembles.
Alisa made her orchestral debut at the age of 11 at the National Philharmonic of Ukraine performing Bach’s Keyboard Concerto in F minor with the Lysenko Music School Symphonic Orchestra.
Alisa is an active participant of summer international music academies and festivals where she had master classes with Carlo Palese, Vadim Gladkov, Yuliana Yablonskaya, Laslo Mezzo, Sandra Hebert, Stanislaw Tichonow, Jacob Kasman:
Cremona International Music Academy (Italy 2012, 2013),
Encore Music Projects (Great Britain 2014),
Golden Key Music Festival (USA-Austria 2015),
Austrian ArtsSessions (Austria 2015),
International Summer Music Academy (Ukraine 2016).
She had a solo recital as the 1 prize winner of the Cremona International Music Academy and Competition in Cremona.
In 2013 Alisa was invited to the 2nd Art Dialog Festival held in Biel, Switzerland with the support of Natalia Gutman. As the youngest performer Alisa played her solo recital at the special ‘Young Talents of the World’ concert. Alisa’s own piece for piano and cello was also introduced on the festival. Her performance had an honorable mention in a local newspaper.
Along with the piano study Alisa composes music for piano solo, string and wind instrumentsand performs her own works at concerts and competitions. Among her pieces there are Preludes for piano, Prelude for cello and piano, Impromptu, String quartet, Fantasia on the Ukrainian theme for piano, Preludes for flute and piano, Cadenza to Mozart’s Piano Concerto in A major KV 414.
Her Prelude for cello and piano was performed by a Hungarian cellist Laslo Mezzo and String quartet was recorded at the Ukrainian National Sound Record House.
Alisa was also commended by the National All Ukrainian Music Union and the Ministry of the Culture of Ukraine.
- 2016 VENIA Composition Promotion Competition - 3. Prize
- 2016 XI International Competition for Young Pianists in Memory of V. Horowitz (Kyiv, Ukraine) - 5th prize in the junior group and special diploma for own works performance
- 2016 All-Ukrainian Open Classic Music Competition “Horizons of Classics” (Kyiv, Ukraine) -Grand-prix in group 3 and special diploma for own works performance
- 2015 The 21st Century Art International Competition (Austria) – 1st prize in the intermediate group
- 2015 IV Stockholm International Music Competition (Sweden) – 1st prize in C group
- 2015 Golden Key Piano Composition Competition (USA) – 1st prize in the junior group
- 2015 Steinway-Austria Scholarship Audition for Amadeus Vienna School – the winner
- 2014 VI Tbilisi International Young Pianists’ Contest (Georgia) – 1st prize in the piano ensemble category and 2 prize in the intermediate group of piano solo
- 2013 X International Competition for Young Pianists in Memory of V. Horowitz (Kyiv, Ukraine) – 2nd prize in D category of “Horowitz Debut”;
- 2012 Cremona International Music Academy and Competition (Italy) – 1st prize in the junior group
- 2012 XI International Competition ‘The Crimea Spring – 2012’ (Yalta, Ukraine) – 1st prize and Jury diploma “For the gift of creativity and own works performance” in the junior group
- 2012 IV International Music Competition of Ukraine ( I.C.M.U.) (Odessa, Ukraine) – 1st prize and Jury prize in the junior group